In the Sweetness of Friendship
In the Sweetness of Friendship, let there be laughter and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things, the heart finds its morning and is refreshed. ~Kahil Gibran
One of the reasons I moved back to Vermont after almost 43 years, is to play with my Grand Nieces and Nephews. Here’s Cole and Linden, cousins and best buddies, playing on my Birthday. To witness their friendship along with the friendship between my other Grand Niece and Nephew is so sweet. Trust, cooperation, a sense of adventure, joy, caring ….. . There are so many ways we can define true friendships. These little ones embody this.
As I get older, and I think as we all age, we become more selective in our friends. I have few I call deep trusting friends. Those I do have go so deep they make my heart sing even if I don’t see them for months or years at a time. Just when I think I don’t need anyone, a friend touches my heart and offers me comfort or perspective or encouragement or all three.
Do I have a message here? You know I always do!
- Don’t settle
- If the connection is built on false or old energy, its alright to move on
- Be open and true if you have to shift things
- Celebrate the special times you have with those you love no matter how small
- Take every opportunity to let your best friends know how you feel about them
- Be a best friend – practice kindness with all you come in contact and do the same with those closest too you
As Kahil Gibran says, In friendship….. in the dew of little things, the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.