Gifts • The Simian Crease
What do Hillary Clinton, Robert de Niro, Lauryn Hill, Tony Blair and Michael Moore have in common? They all have a gift marker called the Simian Crease.
Last month we started our Gift Markings series. Why do we have gift markings? How many are there? How do we use them? In this first post, I gave you the links to the Gifted Healer and 2 of the 3 Head Line Gifts – The Octopus Brain and the Persephone Brain. GO HERE http://handtales.com/gifts-gifts-gifts-gift-marking-doth-hands-hold/ if you missed it.
This month I’ll be rounding out the Head Line gifts with the Single Palmar Crease a.k.a. the Simian Crease. Have you ever heard of it? Maybe related to Down’s Syndrome or you’ve seen it in Apes at the Zoo (hence the name Simian)? Maybe you have one?
How can a Simian Crease be a gift marking if it’s seen commonly in apes and Down Syndrome children. Yes! It has been associated with a variety of psychological and physical issues. Wow! If you have one, please don’t flee from your computer. The good news is that the vast majority of folks who have this Single Palmar Crease on one or both hands, are functioning just fine….and have the capacity for great things.
And who’s to say that Down’s Syndrome children who have this aren’t specially gifted in connecting us to another way of seeing and communicating!?
SIMIAN CREASE (single palmar crease): Mastery vs. Misunderstandings
THE SIMIAN-WHAT TO LOOK FOR:
Usually we have a Head Line that starts under the index finger and a Heart Line that starts under the pinkie above the Head Line – two separate lines. In a Single Palmar Crease they are combined into one line like the hand to the left.
Or there may be a line that goes right across the hand but you can still see pieces of a heart line or head line – see the example on the left and notice the pieces of a line above it. This still qualifies as a Gift marking.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
Thinking (head line) and Feeling (heart line) all rolled up into one super cable. You have the loads of mental and emotional energy and the stamina that goes with it. You deal in extremes – extreme highs and extreme lows. You might become a master of one thing and then jump to another totally unrelated. For example, Tony Blair who aspired to be a Rock Music star and then became Prime Minister of England. Or equally, you may spend your entire life on one level of Mastery like Hillary Clinton who has devoted her intense focus in public service as a political figure. Either way, you are likely to do everything in an extreme, intense way.
You have virtuoso potential. Put all the “intense creative genius” to work for you doing what you love to do and watch out world. You have a powerful gift.
Despite what others’ might have experienced in you, you are intensely thoughtful, care very much and prefer to avoid conflict.
WHAT ABOUT THE DOWN SIDES OF HAVING A SIMIAN CREASE?
In my first post on Gift Markings, a gift marking shows up in your hand most likely because you are reluctant to use it. So the shadow possibilities – we call them the penalties – will inevitably pop up to bite you in the hand.
First and foremost for the owner of the Single Palmar Crease, if you avoid your gift, you get to face MISUNDERSTANDINGS – in a perpetual struggle to understand and be understood. (and you don’t like conflict – what a delicious dilemma you face!)
You’re hard-wired a bit differently than us folks who have a separate heart and headline. You have a “different language”. All your feeling is filtered through your thinking and visa versa. I have a colleague who has two Simians. She said all these self-help books about identifying your feelings or getting out of your emotional realm and into the more objective world never made sense to her. She has difficulty separating the two realms.
How Communication Breakdown can show up in your life:
- Others just can’t keep up with your intensity – be patient and step off your bullet train. Try to just smell their roses. Balancing your intensity is key here.
- You are either off or on – intense focus when someone needs you; intense non-focus when someone needs you. Create a buffer zone as you transition from one kind of intensity to the other. And this intensity can frustrate others because it may be harder for you to keep track of the mundane details of life.
- You probably felt very deeply and cared a bunch in a certain circumstance. However, since your feelings will be filtered through your thinking… you may come off as critical or aloof or angry instead. Watch for facial expressions, body language, clues that that person may have missed your intention. If it looks like you got the wrong response – ask them to share what they experienced and try again. Nuance is the key Not usually the domain of the bullet train brain who heads in one direction, on one track and sees only black and white as you careen toward your goal. Grey is not your favorite color in this instance.
Have you said out loud what you want and how you feel or are you expecting (or hoping) that others will read your very busy mind and heart?
- And if you are focusing all of that intensity on something inappropriate, unrewarding or just plain boring, then frustrated you shall be. Imagine what it would be like owning a bookstore vs. writing the great novel; building stone walls vs. being a renown landscape architect. Frustration will most likely end in communication breakdown with family, coworkers, neighbors….
A FEW FUN FACTS
- Complete Simian Lines on at least one hands are Higher in many Asian Cultures-
Chinese: 13.0 %
Koreans: 11.2 %
Kyushu Japanese: 9.2 %
Arabs & Berbers: 7.9 %
around 1+% in Caucasian Europeans
- They are more common in men than women
Remember my 1st question to you? What do these folks have in common. You know the answer now.
IN summary, listen to this short video in.
Now you get to look for more!! And learn their backstory to see how master vs. misunderstandings have played out in their lives. HAVE FUN!
And remember my promise to offer a Gift Markings Inspection. I’ll be running a special in a few weeks – so look for it!